Expo has once again expanded! This year we’ve started a new program called August 8th at Expo.
Five organizations will be renting our ballrooms the day before Expo to offer incredible full-day certification and movement programs. Register for any one of these programs and your pass to Expo is included!
1. Progressing Ballet Technique will offer a level 1 Teachers Certification Workshop with Beverly Bagg. Designed to empower dance educators with advanced techniques and detailed insights to enhance students’ training. Register for this course at www.pbt.dance and your pass to Expo is included.
2. Canadian Dance Leadership trains and certifies dance teachers to advance their career path into the world of adjudicating. Through hands-on, practical training you can learn how to provide valuable feedback, score consistently from routine #1 – #601, and how present meaningful awards.
LEVEL ONE is designed for those just getting started and covers all the inside info on contracts, pay rates, and how to get hired for your first contract along with a penny of practice adjudicating.
LEVEL TWO is designed for the seasoned adjudicator who wants to enhance their skills to become a leader on the panel, learn how to build a sustainable career, and get hired again and again by their favourite companies.
Register at www.CanadianDanceLeadership.
3. PAEC – The Performing Arts Educators of Canada is offering a full-day TTP Kinder membership course is open to all dance teachers interested in honing their skills with children aged 3-6 years of age. This course focuses on teaching the fundamentals to the early years, covering topics that include: knowledge of child development, speaking to children in a positive manner, discussing behaviours and strategies for success and use of props in the classroom. The afternoon will review the PAEC Kinder syllabus and have interactive discussions and demonstrations for creative ideas. After completion of course knowledge, a successful candidate will gain their PAEC Kinder Membership and will receive certification.
Register for this course and your pass to Expo is included.
4. BATD – British Association of Teachers of Dancing
The BATD will host 2 master teachers to teach their syllabus. Zac Healey (UK) will teach the New Hip Hop, Street Syllabus with levels from Pre-Level 1 through Level 4. This syllabus will include Choreography, Hip Hop Vibes, Popping & Locking, Hip Hop History and Music. This course will include all of the requirements needed for the exam process and get you started on your Street curriculum.
Jay Fagan (Chicago) will instruct in rudiments from the Tap Syllabus including Tap Rhythms, Percussion, Improv and Choreography. Register for either option or both and get your 2-Day Expo Pass included.
Please use this link to register
For more information email email@example.com
5. Dance Attack Student Expo – Workshop + Expo Package! Offering incredible value to young teachers and assistant teachers. August 8th includes 4 fantastic classes with amazing faculty and August 9 & 10 – over 50 classes and seminars to introduce you to teaching methodology and skills that will inspire you and help you develop a teaching career.